11/13/2010

Kaori Ya (香り屋)

The first really great food I had in Tokyo was at a place called Kaori-Ya.
They are known for their soba noodles and small dishes.
Chilled beer to start off.
Premium Malts is one of my favorite beers in Japan following Yebisu.
So crisp and the perfect bitterness.

We ordered small dishes to start with before the soba main course.
On the right are various Japanese spices.

Ginkgo nuts with fried string beans and soba noodles.
I hardly have any dislikes of food,
but one thing I would prefer not to eat was Ginkgo nuts.
But I was proven wrong at Kaori-Ya,
because these were fresh Ginkgo nuts,
they tasted like small chesnuts.
It was very flavorful and delicious!!

Chilled Sake.
I love the clay pottery container and cup set.

Some more small dishes, japanese style omelette and pork tempura.
Peanuts are there to hold your chop sticks.

Zaru Soba.

Egg yolk and grated daikon (japanese radish) in the background.
These are the both toppings for soba noodles.

3 comments: